Launcher not Launching, mc = class net.minecraft.client.Minecraft problem
Posted by Ashley 'Ashzification' on 07 April 2013 11:43 PM
If you encounter an issue with your launcher loading (your console log will just end with "mc = class net.minecraft.client.Minecraft" and your buttons grey out) please try the following:
1. Force close your Java/launcher. Let it rest for a little while, possibly shut down your computer to give it a break. This is the only known way to fix this error. (waiting)
2. If you're using a private modpack, make sure the modpack is up to date.
3. Make sure your launcher is up to date as well.
4. Follow all of these basic troubleshooting steps.
5. Force Updating the launcher appears to also work for most users.
As stated, the only certain way to make this issue go away, is to wait.
I know, this is not the answer you were hoping for. Everyone wants there to be a fix for this problem. At this time, the ONLY solution is to wait.
Continuing to post tickets, comments and threads reminding me that this is not the preferred solution doesn't help anyone.
Thank you for reminding me I cannot solve every problem and making me feel inadequate at being able to provide you the best help I can.